Acupuncture: A technique in which very fine, sterile, single-use needles are inserted into acupoints on the patient's body. According to traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), the acupoints are functional spots along energetic pathways in the body called channels (or meridians), which cover the surface of the body and connect to the neuromusculoskeletal system, sensory organs, and internal organs. The intended effect of acupuncture is to activate the flow of energy and blood in the channels, thereby activating the body's own defense, repair and regulation mechanisms.
Electrostimulation: A gentle electrical current may be passed between acupoints using electrodes attached to acupuncture needles in order to increase the effectiveness of activating the channels.
Cupping: A type of bodywork by which open glass spheres are affixed to the body by heating the air within the cup and then placing the cup against the skin. After placing the cup on the skin, the air inside cools and creates lower pressure and suction to the skin.
Dietary Therapy: Like herbal medicine, recommendations are based on the flavors and thermal effects of ingredients in relation to the patient's constitution and imbalances. In general, a diet that incorporates a balanced variety of flavors and thermal effects will lead to health.
Herbal Medicine: Herbs may be administered per patient in a tailored fashion, most commonly in a pill or capsule format. Herbal formulas, as well as dietary therapy, are based on the flavors and thermal effects of the ingredients and on the patient's constitution and imbalances.
Tai Chi and Qi Gong: Activities that include physical routines, stretching postures and self-massage to achieve and maintain flexibility, strength, and balance, in addition to breathing and meditation exercises. The overall effect is to optimize the flow of energy throughout the body.
PLEASE NOTE: Acupuncture sessions last about one hour, with needle retention lasting about thirty minutes. Patients should plan on eating within two to four hours beforehand and on wearing comfortable clothing that can be adjusted to expose the arms and legs to above the elbows and knees.
In addition to cash, check and all major credit cards, we accept HSA and FSA cards.
Online Nutrition Course = $198
Foundations in Whole Foods Nutrition is a unique online course that introduces you to real food that is healthy, simple, and convenient. Created by certified health and nutrition coach Lisa Freitag, this is for anyone who is ready to end the rollercoaster of restrictive dieting and create strategies for good nutrition that can be built upon for a lifetime.
The program consists of six educational modules, which include all the tools you'll need (handouts, charts, how-to guides, resource lists, exercises, shopping lists, recipes, and meal planning strategies), in addition to your first coaching session with Lisa.
Benefits You'll Receive
- Move from processed to real foods
- Feel confident at the store and in the kitchen
- Save money at the grocery store
- Save time in the kitchen
- Know what to always have on hand for easy meals
- Know what to feed yourself and your family everyday
- Master one-pot meals and clean-out-the-fridge dinners
Presented in a light, fun and easy-to-remember format, you'll get vital information on your own schedule by downloading recordings and other media files directly to your computer or device for lifetime access to presentations and course materials.
Create a foundational understanding of solid nutrition.
- Learn the pros and cons of many controversial foods
- Discover which foods might be silently harming your body
- Explore various food groups and the benefits you gain from eating them daily
- Uncover the reasons why your body might resist buying or eating healthy foods
- Create an action plan for incorporating more variety into your diet
- Release shame and guilt from your diet once and for all
- Feel great nourishing your body with food it really craves
Don't waste another day worrying about what to eat. You don't have to be a chef. You don't have to spend hours in the kitchen. You don't even have to dirty many dishes. Healthy cooking doesn't have to be hard, expensive or flavorless. It can be easy, fun, affordable and delicious.
- Click here or on the sidebar link to the upper left, where you will be asked to provide your name and email, to access the entire first module for free in addition to the course description.
- Click here to proceed to the course description without providing your contact information and without the free downloads.
- prices, services, offers and terms subject to change -
Visit us on Facebook for creative and practical health suggestions.